Aerosoft today gave us a deep dive of their WIP add-on, DC-8.
- Realistic simulation of DC-50 series aircraft with Pratt & Whitney JT3D-3B engines.
- Immersive sound sourced in some instances from real DC-8 aircraft.
- Accurate visual external and VC models from drawings and more than 1000 photographs.
- VC modeled using measurements made in real flight deck.
- Custom coding of fuel, electrical, hydraulic, pneumatic and flight surface systems using real DC8 manuals.
- Custom engine, EPR and flight modeling using real world performance charts.
- Included PDF performance charts to set power, determine v-speeds, landing and maneuver speeds, set takeoff trim, plan fuel load and more.
- In sim loading screen to load passengers, cargo and fuel correctly into ten available tanks.
- Realistic simulation of dual inertial navigation (INS) units.
- INS waypoints may be entered manually or simply by loading an FSX flight plan.
- Optional INS fast alignment.
- Night lighting with four levels of instrument lighting.
- Main panel, pedestal and engineers’ panel flood lighting.
- Custom and P3D v.4 dynamic landing lights.
- Radar screen with terrain depiction.
- Panel state saving and loading.
- Realistic airframe icing that will degrade lift and increase drag until the deicing system is used to remove ice.