On October 10, the Prepar3D team is excited to release the first update to v4!
We have been hard at work building upon the major changes made in version 4 to continue making Prepar3D the most feature-rich, stable, and performant training platform available. This release includes numerous enhancements, new features, and bug fixes based on user and developer feedback.
Virtual Reality (VR) is now available in any view and includes an interactive mouse pointer enabling cockpit interaction. Aircraft interiors are brought to life with support for 4k textures and cockpit rain effects. Many updates were made to further improve stability, add-on compatibility, and performance in this release.
The development pipeline and toolset has been updated to further optimize complex models. New features to the Prepar3D Development Kit (PDK) include built-in support for cockpit rain and snow visual effects, support for 3D window positioning, advanced samples for Helmet Mounted Displays (HMDs) and targeting pods, and stability improvements and bug fixes throughout the content creation process. Prepar3D is focused on giving developers the tools they need to be more efficient and create the highest quality products available.
If you currently own a valid Prepar3D v4 license there is no charge to update to Prepar3D v4.1.
- Virtual Reality (VR) is now available in any view and has its own dedicated menu
- Added interactive mouse pointer in VR
- Added support for 4k Virtual Cockpit (VC) textures
- Custom icons can be placed and rendered in the world. Their location can also be viewed in the 2D map.
- Health points for the ownship are now displayed in InfoGen text
- Added “HideMouseLookCrosshair” config option to disable the cross icon when using mouse look
- Notification text can now be added using the “CustomNoticeText” config option
- Added support for cockpit rain effects. Added effect to default vehicles (requires Content installer)