REX Simulation announced that their NEW Enhanced Edition of REX 4 will be released on August 16, 2017 (tomorrow)!
REX Texture Direct Enhanced Edition is a NEW integrated global environment texture utility and effects add-on for Microsoft Flight Simulator X, FSX:Steam, Prepar3D Versions 1, 2, 3 and 4 and is fully DX9, DX10 and DX11 compliant!
Tailored to low AND high-end systems, REX Texture Direct Enhanced Edition is comprised of over 17GB of material ranging from standard resolution to high-definition choices.
REX Texture Direct Enhanced Edition takes advantage of the new core features of Prepar3D v4 while enhancing FSX, FSX:Steam and Prepar3D versions 1, 2, 3 and 4. Compiled from years of feedback from current REX users, all facets of the program include desired features, effects, sounds and textures.
- The NEW Enhanced Version contains 2GB of additional goodies!
- 64bit-compliant for use with Prepar3D v.4.
- Backend coding set to take advantage of our upcoming release of Sky Force 3D.
- 64bit-compliant for use with Prepar3D v.4.
- PTA presets built for each sky texture set (Downloadable via our website or forum when released).
- All NEW textures… over 16,000 files! (17 GB).
- Intellectually Synced Texture Engine works hand-in-hand with REX4 Weather Direct and REX4 Weather Architect.
- Enhanced algorithms.
- Lightning fast texture installation (Installing textures into the simulator is lightning fast; in most instances this process takes less than 5 seconds to load a full suite of replacement textures!)
- Network capable.
- Ability to select and install textures individually and/or create custom ‘themes’ to install a full suite of textures instantly.
- Rating system for shared themes.
- Ability for users to select weather scenarios or enter airport code to have texture themes generated based upon weather conditions.
- Ability to auto start simulator after texture injection.
- New unique types of cloud base structures.
- Low/Mid-level 3D clouds, including Stratus, Cumulonimbus, Cumulus, Stratocumulus, Altostratus and Altocumulus.
- High-level clouds, including Cirrus, Cirrostratus and Cirrocumulus.
- 14 types of lightning: IC, CC and CG.
- Worldwide tropical water classification fix, eliminating most of the repetitive texture tiling effect. Water boundaries blend much more realistically.
- Water textures and wave animations compliant with DX9, DX10 and DX11.
- Ultra-realistic airport environments made from custom, high-definition aerial photography.
- Give ALL default airports in FSX and Prepar3D the payware-style treatment, from light to heavy use runways, taxiways and pavement markings! Highly detailed textures, including runway textured lighting encasements. Originating from HD source photography, runway tire markings are properly scaled within the simulator creating a more realistic viewpoint. Runways with light or heavy wear… your choice, over 32 to choose from, the highest definition textures with the most fidelity on the market.
- The tire marking build-up is fascinating when using the heavy use runway option. Many types of runway grooving and material selection.
- Runway lighting encasement textures added to runways to give more depth and a more properly scaled feel.
- FINALLY, dirty and soiled runway markings at all airport runways worldwide! No more blown out white marks interfering with your immersion.
- Runway markings now support larger aircraft such as the Boeing 777.
- 28 amazingly detailed taxiways developed from all types of concrete, asphalt and bitumen.
- Runway and taxiway detailed planar bump-map effects.
- Spectacular terrain bump-mapping effects, modeled from different materials. Support for ORBX airports.
- High-definition taxiway markings with extreme clarity.
- Beautiful photo-realistic skies sampled from many locations around the world. HDR texture option included for Prepar3D!
- Properly balanced terrain light and shadow values during dawn and dusk.
- Smoother transitional algorithms during dawn and dusk times.
- Realistic corresponding haze layer values when encountering the proper WX.
- 23 types of runway edge and taxiway lighting, some with simulated ground glow.
- Extremely detailed and enhanced ground rain effect.
- Realistic dirty airport parking and jetway marks.
- Easy to read, enhanced airport signage. Different lighting conditions dictate the range of colors from yellow to orange and red to amber. A wonderful shiny finish with matte black backings.
- Sun, corona, glow, flares and special effects, giving the most realistic renditions of atmospheric conditions. Panning around your aircraft at different angles during beginning or end of day will yield just how dynamic these effects can be. Rendered for DX9, DX10 and DX11!
- With REX leading the way in water rendering, the new tech built into REX Texture Direct will leave you speechless. Rendered for DX9, DX10 and DX11.
- Environment sound effects. Jaw-dropping in/out cockpit precipitation and thunder sounds.