X-Plane 11 has been officially updated to version 11.20. This brand new version is focused primarily on bringing native virtual reality to the simulator. Laminar Research has been working on this update for some time now bringing multiple beta and release candidate versions to the public to try. Now, this is the official release version and is ready to download / update. If you’re keen to find out more about VR and how it works, you can click here for the guide.
Alongside native VR, other new updates include brand new landmarks for Sydney in Australia, loads of GPS/FMS improvements and a new alert messaging system. Furthermore, the night lighting has also been improved and those who develop can now find updated jetway and terminal kit updates.
The update is now available to all X-Plane users free of charge. You can either update via Steam or as a download from the website.
Full feature list:
- Native VR now supported
- Higher performance graphics code enabled for AMD drivers
- Updated aircraft for VR, including a brand new Aerolite 103
- New landmarks for Sydney, Australia
- Customizable jetways kit & terminal kit updates for use with WED
- Many GPS & FMS fixes & improvements
- In-app purchasing option for new demo users
- Updated German translations
- New alert messaging system
- Fixes for dead-reckoning improve formation flying
- Enhancements and new options for .joy configuration files
- Improved night lighting textures in far views
- Columbia 400 aircraft with new G1000 (3D work by Captain_Noob 75